Saturday 17 December 2016

Current Approach

As I mentioned in my Connected by TCP post, I'd be doing things a little differently if I started my home automation implementation with what I know now.

Basically, here's the approach I'd take:

  1. start with the Vera Plus controller
  2. use Z-Wave switches and dimmers to control whole light circuits or outlets
  3. add Philips Hue gateway and bulbs (White or White Ambiance) to fixtures that need separate control from others on the same circuit; integrate them with Vera

Once I had lighting controlled, I'd start with some additional implementations:

  1. install the Nest Thermostat; integrate with Vera
  2. add controllable door locks; integrate with either Vera or home security system
  3. add Z-Wave water leak detection sensors
  4. add Aeon Minimote scene controllers to control specific actions
  5. install Ring Doorbell

No comments:

Post a Comment